Wednesday, August 09, 2006

QB Klondike ?

Well, maybe I've finally thought of something to put in this blog! Never got around to a few other items that occurred to me, maybe I'll do it this time!

I'm kicking around the notion of programming a VERY simple text-mode Klondike solitaire game using QB (Quick Basic) ...

All started with my getting addicted over the past several days, to my Mom's little hand-held electronic game. This is basically "text-based", has a little LCD screen with various "template" figures on a overlay, so that to display a card, it just puts up the "value" (say "A") and "suit" graphic (don't think I can do this in here? picture the ASCII character which shows up as a little "spade" symbol) within the little lines of a card already on the template...

As I'm sitting there playing it, I'm wondering "what kind of processor, and how much memory does this thing have?" I bet I could do something like this in BASIC!

So, that's how it starts. Wonder if it'll ever get much further, much less finished?

I've started trying out layouts and mockups just to see if it might look decent.

Anybody even vaguely interested in hearing about this latest time-waster?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home