Thursday, August 10, 2006

QB Text Klondike

Well, at least I did get STARTED playing with this idea, of programming a text-based Klondike solitaire game in QB ...

I've pretty much got an initial iteration of the "board" layout/mockup done. Verified that QB can in fact, relatively easily, do what I want to do, display-wise, and look the way I want it to look. My experimental code, like this, winds up being stacks of straight-through trial-and-error stuff sometimes (such as trying out different "card" sizes for Klondike to see how it looks on the screen), then when it gets to be a more "working" program, I branch off a version and cut out all the garbage (saving a copy just for the archives and occasional reference).

Next, time to think about the actual overall organization of the code; I plan to be at least a bit structured, and not just straight-lined spaghetti-code. Don't think there's much opportunity for OO-type structures using QB. Even if this proves to be an interesting experiment, I doubt I'll be looking to extend the mainline logic, etc. to say, a GUI interface. There's plenty of those out there already :) Although, one of my nephews has been bugging me lately about trying Flash programming ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home