Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stores Online Workshop

Well, nothing much to report about the QB Text Klondike project ...

Although playing with BASIC again is reminding me of the old days. One of the first "non-trivial" programs that I ever wrote was a blackjack card game, in BASIC "text" mode, on a Timex-Sinclair. Maybe after I get the KBTK going, I'll do a similar blackjack.

Gotta try to go to bed early tonight. Planning to go to one of those StoresOnline "Internet Marketing Workshop" all-day deals tomorrow. And it'll take almost two hours to drive there; registration is at 8:30am!

The main reason that I'm even going is that the guy at the "preview" show (more locally, a couple of weeks ago), promised to basically give back your $20 "processing fee" plus gas money if you stayed through the whole day. And, since I've got nothing much better to do (being unemployed means that my time is worth considerably less than my money these days), I figure, why not.

Also, they claimed that all of the "marketing" techniques they teach you in the all-day show can be used on ANY website, not just the ones hosted by them; no proprietary software. We'll see how that works out. I figure if I learn anything legitimate, it might be useful someday.

I've read of lots of complaints (if you Google them, excluding their OWN sites, that's mostly all you find), and I'm sure it'll be a LOT of high-pressure sales pitching for their products, hosting, etc. (seem VERY expensive to me). Maybe I'll accidentally get something out of it.

I'll try to remember to post back with my observations and opinions on this! Of course, they won't allow any recorders, etc. !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home